Recipe by arien043
A guilt-free version of the real thing to tide you over when you get the munchies. Modified from a recipe for vanilla pudding on cooks.com
Top Review by freakingenius616
At first, it didn't turn out so well. However, I added extra corn starch, and it thickened after I put it in the fridge. Also, I used low fat skim milk and splenda granulated sugar in my version for less Calorie intake. All in all, it tasted great.
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 dash salt
- artificial sweetener
- mint (optional) or pandan leaf (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat milk and water in a saucepan.
- Combine cornstarch, cinnamon and salt. Using a little water, mix it into a paste, then add to the saucepan.
- Cook until it thickens slightly.
- Cool, then add in the vanilla and artificial sweetener to taste.
- Serve chilled.
- You can experiment with different flavours such as mint or pandan (screw pine)leaves. In this case, heat the leaves together with the milk and water, and remove them before chilling.