Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Tuna stuffed bell peppers topped with a tomato juice mixture.
Make and share this Low Calorie Tomato Flavored Stuffed Peppers With Tuna recipe from Food.com.
- In a large bowl, mix tomato juice, and tomato paste, reserving 1 cup.
- Mix the remaining tomato juice mixture with tuna, onion flakes, veggie flakes, and garlic powder.
- Fill peppers equally with mixture, and place upright in a square baking dish.
- Pour remaining tomato juice mixture over peppers.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes, or until peppers are done to your liking.
Very enjoyable healthy luncheon entree. We loved the lack of mayonnaise! Vegetable flakes proved a test of will: I was unwilling to drive 15-35 minutes to buy them, and made my own equivalent based on personal preference for some spice and what I had on hand: 4 tsp grated fresh carrot, 1 tsp dried parsley, 1/2 tsp dried cilantro (my idea), 1 tsp dried celery, 1/2 tsp dried red pepper flakes, 1 tsp potato flakes. All in all, the texture needs more contrast, so I would omit the celery flakes and use diced fresh celery, or use 1/4 cup cooked rice, and add 1-2 minced water chestnut slices. A rule of thumb: each dried ingredient translates to 2x in fresh ingreients. As made, DH declared there was too much sauce, so that's a green light to add rice. So decide if you want diced fresh celery and/or 1/4 cup cooked rice. Our local market had only large bell peppers, whereas medium bell peppers are much better suited to this recipe. Made for Please Review My Recipe tag game.