Prep 1 min
Cook 20 mins
A low calorie tandoori inspired entree
Make and share this Low Calorie Tandoori Inspired Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 12 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, trimmed of all fat
- 4 medium cucumbers
- 3 cups low-fat plain kefir or 3 cups nonfat yogurt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1⁄8 cup lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- Add the garlic, lemon juice, ground pepper, paprika, cumin and ginger to the kefir/yogurt, stir until well mixed.
- Separate 1/2 to 1 cup from the mix. Save the rest to use for topping when finished cooking. Marinate the chicken in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour. Make sure to turn to coat all sides evenly.
- Grill: Until cooked, juices will run clear.
- Oven: Preheat to 425 degrees, cook until finished, about 20 minutes.
- Serve over sliced cucumbers, use remaining kefir/yogurt mix to drizzle over the chicken and cucumbers.
I baked this receipt and found it very tasty. I am on the "FastDiet" and required to have very limited calories 2 days a week. This was perfect, and my husband liked it too
Please see my rating system. DH declared this was an easy 4 stars, but he did not care for the yogurt-spice dollop. I marinated for over an hour, but the flavors did not meld well enough. During oven cooking the yogurt mixture congealed like pudding. As a result, the chicken was very moist, but did not absorb enough taste from the spices. I put the dollop of yogurt-spice sauce on my chicken, and was underwhelmed. Most Indian dishes call for cooking to bring out the mellowness of the spice mixture. Note that I used American chicken breasts, which were huge; I also had to allow additional cooking time, TG for my instant-read meat thermometer! Made for Spring 2013 Pick-A-Chef.