- 12 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, trimmed of all fat
- 4 medium cucumbers
- 3 cups low-fat plain kefir or 3 cups nonfat yogurt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1⁄8 cup lemon juice
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Add the garlic, lemon juice, ground pepper, paprika, cumin and ginger to the kefir/yogurt, stir until well mixed.
- Separate 1/2 to 1 cup from the mix. Save the rest to use for topping when finished cooking. Marinate the chicken in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour. Make sure to turn to coat all sides evenly.
- Grill: Until cooked, juices will run clear.
- Oven: Preheat to 425 degrees, cook until finished, about 20 minutes.
- Serve over sliced cucumbers, use remaining kefir/yogurt mix to drizzle over the chicken and cucumbers.