Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I always have this when my boyfriend makes taco's for himself because I try to hold back on the carbs. I always change it around a tad, but for the most part I make it like this.
- 3 ounces lean ground turkey
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix (Old El Paso)
- 3 cups romaine lettuce (or desired amount)
- 1 small tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons salsa (mild, medium, or hot)
- 1 tablespoon honey mustard (I use French's)
- 2 tablespoons fat free balsamic vinaigrette (I use naturally fresh)
- 1⁄4 cup fat-free cheddar cheese (or desired amount)
- cayenne pepper
- Cook the Ground turkey in a stir-fry pan with the taco seasoning mix (make sure to figure out how much seasoning to use depending on how much meat you are actually cooking).
- Gently mix up the lettuce, tomato, salsa, honey mustard, dressing, and cheese together. You can add cayenne pepper into the mix, the more you put the hotter it will get -- pretty self explanatory haha.
- Enjoy :).
My kids love tacos, but since I am getting tired of them, this is a nice change. I added a bit of olives and used Kittencal's Balsamic Vinaigrette . Thank you for sharing!