Recipe by knoxjulie
This is a scrumptious version of a much higher calorie, higher fat pizza. My husband and I love taco pizza, but we are health nuts and do not like eating high fat foods. We decided to experiment with a few ingredients, and we feel the result was phenomenal. The key to this recipe is to season the meat to your taste. Serve with a side salad and enjoy.
- 1 (16 ounce) can pinto beans
- 2 mama mary's thin and crispy prepared pizza crust
- 1 (1 lb) package97% fat free ground turkey breast
- romaine lettuce (cut in shreds)
- 1 large tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) package low-fat sharp cheddar cheese, grated (we use Cabot)
- 1 avocado
Directions See How It's Made
- Begin by preheating the oven to 425 degrees.
- Season the ground meat with taco seasoning and chili powder to your taste. Brown and set aside.
- Mash up the pinto beans with a fork and spread a thin layer on the pizza crust.
- Place the well seasoned and browned ground meat evenly on top of the beans.
- Next slice up a tomato in thin round slices and place on top of the meat trying to cover most of the pizza.
- Sprinkle grated cheese on the top. For a spicier flair, sprinkle a small amount of taco seasoning on top.
- Bake at 425 degrees for approximately 15 minutes or until golden brown and crispy. It may take 20 minutes or longer for some ovens.
- Remove from oven and evenly distribute the shredded romaine on top of each pizza.
- If desired place slices of avocado on top and serve immediately.