Chef #374816's Note:
This is a scrumptious version of a much higher calorie, higher fat pizza. My husband and I love taco pizza, but we are health nuts and do not like eating high fat foods. We decided to experiment with a few ingredients, and we feel the result was phenomenal. The key to this recipe is to season the meat to your taste. Serve with a side salad and enjoy.
My Private Note
large p ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Begin by preheating the oven to 425 degrees.
- 2Season the ground meat with taco seasoning and chili powder to your taste. Brown and set aside.
- 3Mash up the pinto beans with a fork and spread a thin layer on the pizza crust.
- 4Place the well seasoned and browned ground meat evenly on top of the beans.
- 5Next slice up a tomato in thin round slices and place on top of the meat trying to cover most of the pizza.
- 6Sprinkle grated cheese on the top. For a spicier flair, sprinkle a small amount of taco seasoning on top.
- 7Bake at 425 degrees for approximately 15 minutes or until golden brown and crispy. It may take 20 minutes or longer for some ovens.
- 8Remove from oven and evenly distribute the shredded romaine on top of each pizza.
- 9If desired place slices of avocado on top and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Calorie Taco Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (95 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 239.5
- Calories from Fat 59
- Total Fat 6.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 41.5 mg
- Sodium 215.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.0 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 27.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
prepared pizza crust