Recipe by Wendy's Kitchen
Just received this from a Nutritionist newsletter. Have not made it myself but wanted to post to save to make at some stage. Looks yummy! From www.CalorieKing.com.au
Top Review by Geniale Genie
This stuff is really delicious! I did make a few modifications: since I don't like using artificial sweeteners, I increased the dates to 175g and subbed 2 tbsp agave nectar for the Splenda. I also added 100g chopped hazelnuts and used whole wheat flour.
Thank you for sharing this Wendy!
- 120 g dates, pitted and chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups hot black tea
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda granular (sugar substitute)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat milk
- 2 cups self-raising flour, sifted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180°C Grease and line a 25 cm x 15 cm loaf tin.
- Place dates, tea and oil in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Simmer for 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- In a mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk, sugar and vanilla. Fold in sifted flour and baking powder. Pour in date mixture and mix until just combined.
- Pour into prepared tin and bake for 35-40 minutes.