Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
This soup is so good that every time I eat it, I still can't believe there are next to no calories. It sounds so simple, but doesn't taste that way. I promise you'll love it!
- 4 cups chicken broth or 4 cups vegetarian chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 3 cups frozen whole spinach leaves
- 2 cups mushrooms, chopped
- Bring chicken broth to a simmer.
- Add parmesan cheese and mushrooms to broth, stir. Continue to simmer for 3-5 minutes.
- Add frozen spinach. Allow to simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- For Vegetarian use the Vegetarian chicken flavored broth only.
This was tasty. I didn't use frozen spinach though, since all I had was fresh. I halved the recipe and used about a cup full of fresh leaves and a bit of garlic powder. I'll make this again. It made a wonderful lite lunch with a few crackers. Thank you! :)
Very tasty for something so simple. I too used fresh spinach as I had a bag in the fridge. Thanks for the recipe.
Great soup for a diet, I like it straight, but as a experimenter, I added various ingredients to each separate bowl I ate. Bragg's Spy, White Pepper, Lime Juice & Red Vinegar. The soy was the best addition for flavor, the Lime Juice & Vinegar not so much. I also had some left over Broccoli which was a good idea for extra nutrition.<br/>This would be a great inexpensive soup for a caterer to add to the menu.