Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This in addition to a salad makes for a great 500 calorie meal. We've found that it freezes incredibly well, and divides perfectly into 10 ounce portions.
- 2 (20 ounce) containersdigiorno low-fat alfredo sauce
- 1⁄2 lb chopped asparagus
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 48 shrimp, peeled and deveined (50-61ct)
- 1 lb penne rigate
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 red bell pepper
- 8 ounces fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon creole seasoning
- Preparing Penne:.
- In a large stockpot, add 4 quarts of water and 1 tbsp crushed red pepper and bring to a boil.
- Add the 16oz package of penne rigate and stir every 2-3 minutes, maintaining a rolling boil. After approximately 14 minutes (time may vary slightly depending on brand of pasta) drain pasta and rinse in cold water to keep the pasta from cooking further.
- Let pasta sit for 5 minutes after the rinse, and the starchiness will come back to the surface of the pasta, allowing the sauce to stick to each noodle.
- Red Pepper and Tomato Cream Sauce:.
- Dice red bell pepper and saute in a small skillet until it begins to soften.
- Add fresh sliced mushrooms and saute for an additional 3 minutes.
- Blanch chopped asparagus in a pan with 2 cups of water for 4 minutes, then drain.
- Season shrimp with creole seasoning and fry in a large skillet.
- Add alfredo sauces, shrimp, pepper-mushroom mixture, italian seasoning, tomato sauce, and asparagus to a sauce pan, and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and add penne.