Janda Potamus's Note:
This in addition to a salad makes for a great 500 calorie meal. We've found that it freezes incredibly well, and divides perfectly into 10 ounce portions.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (20 ounce) containers digiorno low-fat alfredo sauce
- 1/2 lb chopped asparagus
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 48 shrimp, peeled and deveined (50-61ct)
- 1 lb penne rigate
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 red bell pepper
- 8 ounces fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon creole seasoning
- 1Preparing Penne:.
- 2In a large stockpot, add 4 quarts of water and 1 tbsp crushed red pepper and bring to a boil.
- 3Add the 16oz package of penne rigate and stir every 2-3 minutes, maintaining a rolling boil. After approximately 14 minutes (time may vary slightly depending on brand of pasta) drain pasta and rinse in cold water to keep the pasta from cooking further.
- 4Let pasta sit for 5 minutes after the rinse, and the starchiness will come back to the surface of the pasta, allowing the sauce to stick to each noodle.
- 5Red Pepper and Tomato Cream Sauce:.
- 6Dice red bell pepper and saute in a small skillet until it begins to soften.
- 7Add fresh sliced mushrooms and saute for an additional 3 minutes.
- 8Blanch chopped asparagus in a pan with 2 cups of water for 4 minutes, then drain.
- 9Season shrimp with creole seasoning and fry in a large skillet.
- 10Add alfredo sauces, shrimp, pepper-mushroom mixture, italian seasoning, tomato sauce, and asparagus to a sauce pan, and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and add penne.
Browse Our Top Penne Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Penne Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Calorie Shrimp Asparagus Penne With Red Pepper Cream Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (231 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 393.4
- Calories from Fat 30
- Total Fat 3.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 278.5 mg
- Sodium 1409.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 39.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-fat alfredo sauce