Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This can easily be doubled as this is a total of 48 tablespoons total. Great with saltine crackers.
- 1 (8 ounce) package nonfat sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) package imitation crabmeat, strands freeze dried
- 2 tablespoons onions, finely chopped
- 4 -5 drops hot sauce
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Blend all ingredients except nuts, and paprika until well mixed.
- Spread in slow cooker, sprinkle with nuts and paprika.
- Cook on low for 3 hours.
Made for your Wk 12 Football Pool win, I agree w/pammyowl that this recipe is basic. As such, it seems to invite the cook to indulge their pers pref. Imitation (or real for that matter) crabmeat isn't available here, so I used Icelandic baby shrimp & added Old Bay Seas (as she did) as I esp favor its use w/shrimp. I served this cold (vs warm from the crock-pot) w/crackers, celery & carrots. I esp liked the textural elements & even added more w/sml dice celery. The end-product made for some mighty fine snacking during the games yesterday. Congrats on your win & thx for posting this recipe for us.
Good, but rather boring. I added Old Bay seasoning and salt, which helped greatly. I used real, canned crab, as I have no idea where to find dried imitation. I think this would be really good tossed with linguine, so the leftovers will be tomorrows dinner! Thanks for posting! :)