Prep 4 mins
Cook 1 min
A nice accompaniment or dip. Best if aged a few days. Can also be used as a base for aspic (see Low Calorie Jellied Salad)
- 1 tomatoes
- 1 medium bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup celery
- 1⁄2 cup cucumber
- 1 medium onion
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 dash oregano
- 1 dash ground black pepper
- 1 dash chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Chop onions finely, then add 2 tbsp vinegar and 1 tbsp salt. Soak overnight if possible. If you prefer a less pungent flavour, microwave the onions for 1-2 minutes.
- Finely dice the tomato, celery and cucumber.
- Roast the bell pepper until skin is slightly charred. Discard the skin, then chop pepper roughly. Add to tomato, celery, cucumber and onions.
- Add the rest of the salt, pepper, oregano, chilli flakes and Worcestershire sauce to the vegetables. If you prefer a less chunky salsa.