Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are delicious!
Make and share this Low Calorie Parmesan Potatoes Au Gratin recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb baking potato
- 4 teaspoons reduced-calorie margarine
- 1 1⁄4 cups skim milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 pinch white pepper
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced red onion, divided
- 1⁄3 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- Spray a large casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place potatoes in large saucepan; add water to cover and bring to a boil.
- Cook for 12 minutes or until potatoes are tender; drain.
- Let potatoes stand 10 minutes so they are cool to touch.
- Melt margarine in a small saucepan; blend in flour. Cook and stir for 3 minutes or until small clumps form.
- Slowly whisk in milk and cook for 8 minutes or until sauce thickens. Remember to keep stirring.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut potatoes into thin slices; arrange half of potato sliced in casserole dish.
- Layer with half of the onion slices. Repeat layers.
- Spoon sauce over potatoes.
- Next, combine bread crumbs, finely chopped red onions and cheese in a small mixing bowl.
- Sprinkle bread crumb mixture evenly over sauce.
- Bake 20 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
First of all, no mention of white pepper or paprika in directions, no mention of how much flour in ingredients, ???? I also tripled the cheese, (used shredded) and doubled the margerine (your choice) and used soy milk (my choice) Ritz (low sodium) for the bread crumbs, will use there "simply social" crackers next time, much better. It was very good! I also used almost a whole onion, love onions! Thanks