Recipe by Mimosas for Mr & Mrs
I whipped this sugar-free snack up last night because I wanted something that resembled a fruit crisp, but without the calories, of course. I find I am not impressed with baked foods containing granulated splenda, but I do enjoy items I buy at the store containing splenda, such as sugar-free maple syrup, chocolate syrup, hot cocoa, etc. So I came up with this which is very easy and yummy and versatile! (play around with different fruits, different cereals, added ingredients...) Also, amazing topped with Free Cool Whip. And just to let you know, all of these ingredients can be adjusted, in amounts, to your own personal liking. Let me know how you like it! ^_^
Top Review by Chef Kirkshoe
I'm always looking for super low calorie foods, when counting calories (50% of my time) and this was am easy, quick, very delicious, satisfying, low calorie treat. I used 1/4 cup maple syrup which was enough with the cooked apple juices.... came to @ 200 calories (without Kool Whip)
- 1 large golden delicious apple (peeled, cored, and sliced into thin, smaller pieces)
- 2 -3 strawberries (cubed, or any way you like)
- 1⁄2 cup Special K cereal
- 1⁄2 cup sugar-free maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the apple & strawberry pieces in a microwave safe dish (I used a 16 oz. Ramekin).
- Pour syrup on top & drizzle and lightly mix the fruit up with the syrup, to make sure most of the fruit is glazed.
- Add cinnamon by sprinkling on top, or mixing in, whichever you like.
- Put in the microwave on high for approximately 5 minutes (or until the apples are tender).
- When fruit is cooked to your desire, take the dish out of the microwave and add as much special K as you like, stirring and mashing it up with the fruit.
- Top with Cool Whip Free, if you so desire, and enjoy your quick & yummy snack! :).