Recipe by Sedalia
Found this while searching for Trifles on the internet, it comes from Diabetic UK and is great for those watching their weight as well as those diabetic.
- 140 g madeira cake
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened orange juice
- 2 (23 g) packets sugar-free orange jello (Jello)
- 4 satsuma oranges, peeled and sliced
- 2 bananas
- 425 g prepared low-fat custard
- 200 g low fat fromage frais
- 8 tablespoons low-fat creme fraiche
- star fruit or fig, to decorate
Directions See How It's Made
- Layer cake slices on bottom of large bowl. Sprinkle over Orange Juice.
- Make up jelly, cool but do not allow to set.
- Layer Satsumas and Bananas over cake and then pour over the jelly and let it set.
- Spoon custard over the jelly.
- Mix the fromage frais and the creme fraice and spoon this over the top of the custard.
- Decorate Trifle with the fruit. Refrigerate until ready to serve.