Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This Recipe is from the SPLENDA cookbook. One of the best recipes I have EVER made for breakfast and I hope you all like it too!
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1⁄3 cup Splenda granular (no calorie artificial sweetener)
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 2⁄3 cup skim milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 teaspoon maple extract
- 8 slices cinnamon raisin bread
- 2 cups apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon Splenda granular (no calorie artificial sweetener)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- BLEND 1/3 cup Splenda, egg substitute, milk, vanilla and maple extracts in a medium bowl.
- TEAR cinnamon raisin bread into small pieces (1x2 inches). Toss the bread and sliced apples with egg mixture in bowl. Coat bread evenly in egg mixture and pour into prepared lasagne sized dish.
- CUT cream cheese into 8 chunks and place on top of strata. Blend remaining 1tbsp of Splenda and cinnamon together. Sprinkle over strata.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, preheat oven to 350°F and bake for 40 - 50 minutes or until lightly browned and set.