Recipe by Bergy
Very easy recipe that looks lovely and is great for the waistline
Top Review by najwa
Great recipe! I cooked the tomatoes until very tender and filled them carefully as they were falling apart and loved them that way .. I scrambled my husband's eggs using onions and the chopped-up pulp of the tomato, and sprinkled some parmesan on top .. wonderful! thanks Bergy!!
- 4 medium tomatoes
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil or 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the tops from the washed tomatoes and remove the pulp leaving a thick shell.
- Do this by running a sharp knife around the inside (don't puncture the skin) and then remove the pulp with a spoon.
- Preheat oven to 250 F Place tomatoes cut side down in an oven proof dish and bake for apprx 6 minutes- they should be just warmed through Meanwhile whisk together the eggs, milk, Basil and salt Saute the peppers& green onions in the tsp of oil for 2 minutes Pour in the egg mixture and scramble the eggs When tomatoes are warmed through flip over and place on a serving platter Divide the eggs evenly between the tomatoes filling the cavity Serve.