Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Very easy recipe that looks lovely and is great for the waistline
- 4 medium tomatoes
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil or 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- Cut the tops from the washed tomatoes and remove the pulp leaving a thick shell.
- Do this by running a sharp knife around the inside (don't puncture the skin) and then remove the pulp with a spoon.
- Preheat oven to 250 F Place tomatoes cut side down in an oven proof dish and bake for apprx 6 minutes- they should be just warmed through Meanwhile whisk together the eggs, milk, Basil and salt Saute the peppers& green onions in the tsp of oil for 2 minutes Pour in the egg mixture and scramble the eggs When tomatoes are warmed through flip over and place on a serving platter Divide the eggs evenly between the tomatoes filling the cavity Serve.
Great recipe! I cooked the tomatoes until very tender and filled them carefully as they were falling apart and loved them that way .. I scrambled my husband's eggs using onions and the chopped-up pulp of the tomato, and sprinkled some parmesan on top .. wonderful! thanks Bergy!!
Easy, peasy and double delish! Great brunch dish! Ijust halved the tomato and scooped out the pulp.