Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Chicken chunks simmered in curry, cumin and white pepper over black beans
Make and share this Low Calorie Curry and Cumin Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- Slice chicken in small bite sized pieces.
- Semi frozen chicken can be cut to size with a cleaver, but be careful!
- Larger pieces will not absorb the seasonings as well.
- Add water to a pan over medium heat.
- Add all spices to water and let it come to a simmer.
- Once simmering, add chicken chunks and cover pan.
- Once chicken starts to whiten, stir into seasonings.
- Let simmer covered until chicken is completely cooked through.
- Seasonings can be drained or poured over bed of rice.
- OPTIONAL Black beans can be added to the chicken as it simmers or cooked separately and added afterward.
- Serve chicken over rice and/or beans.
- Cover with shredded cheese, sour cream, salsa, guacamole.