Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Great for the calorie counting folks, this is a wonderful base recipe for creating your very own crunchy granola-like mix! This recipe makes 2 cups of granola for only 300 calories! It is also high in fiber, and almost fat free!
- 1 cup unsweetened puffed rice cereal
- 1 cup original fiber one all-bran cereal
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325F and spray a cookie sheet with 0 calorie cooking spray.
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl; mixture will be moist and sticky.
- Spread mixture onto the cookie sheet in a thin-ish layer.
- Bake for 30minutes, stir half way through.
- Let cool completely on the baking sheet.
- Break the granola into pieces, and if you don't mind the calories, mix it with whatever your heart desires (raisins, chocolate chips, nuts)!
- Store leftovers in airtight containers.