Prep 35 mins
Cook 35 mins
low calorie, low fat, amazing taste. found this on the internet.
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces lean chicken
- 4 cups romaine lettuce
- 1 cup red cabbage (shredded)
- 1 cup snow peas (sliced)
- 3 tablespoons cilantro (minced)
- 2 tablespoons red onions (minced)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Whisk coconut milk, lime juice, sugar and salt in an 8-by-8-inch glass baking dish.
- Transfer 1/4 cup of the dressing to a large bowl; set aside.
- Place chicken in the baking dish; bake until cooked through, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add lettuce, cabbage, snow peas, cilantro and onion to the large bowl with the dressing; toss to coat. Divide between 2 plates.
- Transfer the chicken to a cutting board and thinly slice.
- Arrange the chicken slices on top of the salads.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon of the coconut cooking liquid over each of the salads.
This was delicious. We found the flavors to be layered. I will make this again!