2 hrs 15 mins
Happy Happy Joy Joy's Note:
A creamy, flavorful low cal substitution.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 1 (6 ounce) can clams, with juice
- 1 (12 ounce) package turkey bacon
- 1/2 cup plus skim milk
- 1/2 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 1 (8 ounce) can low-fat chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 bay leaf
- 1Pour chicken stock into crock pot.
- 2Add potatoes, onion and seasonings.
- 3Cover and cook on high for 1 hour.
- 4Add celery, carrots, garlic, turkey bacon and clams with juice and cook for 1 hour more.
- 5Remove bay leaf.
- 6Add milk, half and half and flour and cook for half an hour more.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Calorie Clam Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (293 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 282.8
- Calories from Fat 83
- Total Fat 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 45.6 mg
- Sodium 700.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 14.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-fat chicken broth