Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A creamy, flavorful low cal substitution.
Make and share this Low Calorie Clam Chowder recipe from Food.com.
- 6 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 1 (6 ounce) can clams, with juice
- 1 (12 ounce) package turkey bacon
- 1⁄2 cup plus skim milk
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 1 (8 ounce) can low-fat chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 bay leaf
- Pour chicken stock into crock pot.
- Add potatoes, onion and seasonings.
- Cover and cook on high for 1 hour.
- Add celery, carrots, garlic, turkey bacon and clams with juice and cook for 1 hour more.
- Remove bay leaf.
- Add milk, half and half and flour and cook for half an hour more.