Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is very tasty and filling. Great for watching calories an fat.I like putting this in my crock pot and simmer all day.
- 2 quarts fat-free chicken broth
- 1 small cabbage, chopped
- 1 medium onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup green pepper
- 1 (12 ounce) package frozen spinach
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 (12 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup morning star soy crumbles (optional)
- 16 ounces canned red beans
- Bring chicken broth to a boil.
- Add cabbage, onions, peppers, spinach, garlic, and tomatoes; simmer 20 minutes.
- Add kidney beans, crumbles, if using and salt and pepper.
this is a great soup that you can add almost anything too. i changed it a bit and instead of adding green peppers and a can of tomatoes i just added a can of mild rotel and it was wonderfully spicy. i also subbed a half cup of cooked ground turkey for the soy...fabulous dish!
This is a great soup for getting the weight-conscious person back on track. Filling and delicious. Thanks!