Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
The best way to chill out at the end of a sizzling summer day is with a refreshing sweet treat. This guilt-free dessert is sure to keep you cool and satisfied. Very low calorie, sweet and creamy.
- 1 1⁄2 cups skim milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 tablespoons sugar substitute
- 2 teaspoons espresso powder or 2 teaspoons instant decaffeinated coffee
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, for garnish
- lemon twist, for garnish
- In a medium bowl whisk together the milk, eggs, sugar substitute, espresso powder or coffee, and vanilla extract until well blended. Pour into four 6-ounce custard cups or ramekins and place in a 10" large, flat bottom pan.
- Fill the pan with water to 1/2" from the top of the custard cups. Bring the water to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove the cups from the skillet, cover with plastic wrap touching the surface of the custard, and refrigerate for 3 hours, or until chilled.
- Garnish with the cinnamon and lemon twists. A teaspoon of sugar free raspberry or blackberry jam is also delightful!