Recipe by Vienna #2
This is a tasty homemade breakfast sausage that will make you feel like you are splurging. It can be made with ground pork, chicken, or turkey. You could also play with the spices to make it spicier or milder depending on your own personal taste. I also add a little more salt than the recipe calls for.
- 1⁄2 lb extra-lean ground pork or 1⁄2 lb pork tenderloin, ground
- 1 tablespoon minced red onion
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried ground sage
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix well: all ingredients together in a medium mixing bowl. Divide into four equal portions. (I use wet hands to form sausage patties because the mix is really sticky) If you are freezing these, separate patties with wax paper. These will keep for about 3 days in the fridge or about one month in the freezer.
- To cook, place patties in a skillet over medium -high heat. You may want to use some Pam to coat the pan because these are so lean. Cook for 1-2 minutes on each side. Serve immediately.