Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Lovely lush muffins which you can varietise with different berries, fruit (fresh and dry) and nuts. Very easy to make.
- Mix together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a medium-size bowl.
- In a small bowl beat egg whites, orange juice, oil and vanilla
- Add to dry ingredients until just moistened.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Fill muffin cups (sprayed with nonstick cooking spray) about half full.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 17 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool and serve on it's own or with a little creme fraiche!
The batter was super runny and I thought I made them wrong but they turned out great and tasted great!
I read the reviews saying that the batter was really runny so i only used 1/3 c. orange juice and instead of 2 tbsp. of oil, I used 2tbsp. of unsweetened applesauce. I think they came out pretty well. But i forgot to spray the muffin tin so they stuck a little. ^_^' oops. Otherwise they were pretty good!
The batter for these muffins really is quite runny. The muffins don't raise very well - and the texture is a little different than other recipes. However, they still taste delicious, and I will make them again in the future!