A high protein breakfast I have been making lately. Very filling and healthy!
Make and share this Low Calorie Asparagus & Egg Whites recipe from Food.com.
- Microwave asparagus according to package directions.
- Drain well and separate into halves.
- Put half the asparagus in a 8" pan sprayed with pam (save other half for another time).
- Pour egg whites over asparagus and cook 2 minutes over med heat.
- sprinkle with parmesan and broil for 4-5 minutes or until cheese is brown & bubbly and eggs are set.
- Turn out onto plate & enjoy!
It was perfect, and SO simple!! I used fresh asparagus and doubled the recipe.
Very good and healthy! Even my boyfriend, who absolutely hates asparagus, liked it!
Yummy breakfast dish! Must admit though, I like it a bit better with fresh asparagus cut into smaller pieces rather than the frozen (and I used a little olive oil instead of the Pam spray).