Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 3 tablespoons cake flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat milk
- 16 ounces fat free cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- With electric mixer, mix cream cheese, splenda, vanilla extract, egg whites until thoroughly mixed.
- Add cake flour, salt, and milk.
- With electric mixer,mix thoroughly.
- Pour the batter into nonstick cake pan or spring form pan and bake for 1 hour at 325 degrees F.
- Let cool at room temperature for about 20 minutes.
- Place in refrigerator and chill for at least 2 hours.
If the government intended to package a cheesecake in military field rations, this would be it, says my dh, a former soldier. It would fulfill all technical requirements for cheesecake. However, the Splenda gives it a bad aftertaste. It didn't have a pleasing texture or flavor. The top looked like a desert landscape after baking for the hour. My dh ate it anyway because he was starving for cheesecake while trying to lower his cholesterol. Besides, he's used to Army food. Sorry I can't recommend this one.