I found this recipe in a Low Calorie cookbook that was written before Low Calorie was truly en vogue. I made these cookies last weekend and the whole family LOVED them. They stay soft, but are best right out of the oven. (They won't stay around long anyway!)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325°F.
- 2Combine flour and baking soda in small bowl and set aside.
- 3In a separate bowl, using a mixer, lightly beat margarine until soft, then add dry ingredients (sugar and brown sugar) and peanut butter.
- 4Beat until smooth, scraping edges as necessary.
- 5Add in egg whites and vanilla and mix well.
- 6Now add the flour mixture and beat slowly.
- 7Fold in oats using a spatula.
- 8Drop onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- 9These cookies don't spread very much so you can put them fairly close together.
- 10Bake 8-10 minutes or until edges turn golden brown.
- 11This recipe yields about 36 medium cookies.
- 12Each cookie has about 70 calories- not too shabby!
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Calorie and Fabulous Peanut Butter Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (531 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 59.9
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 51.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 0.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-fat peanut butter