Recipe by Lizziea23 Almeida
This recipe is low-cal, low-fat but still tastes great. You get all the great flavor without the fat!
Top Review by carole in orlando
I followed this recipe to the T. It is certainly a "doer again". I would use whole eggs next time, but that is just my preference. I don't care for egg subs. I did love the combination of spices and it was a nice change from basil, etc. Thanks, Carole in Orlando
- 2 large zucchini, cut into 1/2 inch chunks
- 5 ounces white mushrooms, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onions or 4 scallions, chopped
- 6 egg whites
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a non-stick skillet with fat-free, calorie free non-stick cooking spray.
- Sauté onion and garlic for 3 minutes. Add zucchini and sauté for 3 minutes. Add mushrooms and continue to sauté all of the veggies until soft.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, salt, pepper, chili powder, cayenne pepper, and garlic powder until the eggs become slightly puffy.
- Drain vegetables and add to egg mixture.
- Fold veggies into egg whites and pour back into the skillet. Cook on medium for 8 minutes.
- Place a plate on top of the skillet and flip the frittata. Slide uncooked side down back onto skillet and cook for another 8 minutes.
- If you like the top to be crunchy, place the frittata under the broiler for an additional 10 minutes.