Prep 0 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a tasty soup! Zero WW points
- 2⁄3 cup sliced carrot
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 3 cups fat-free broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced green cabbage
- 1⁄2 cup green beans
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup diced zucchini
- Spray large saucepan with non-stick cooking spray. Saute carrots, onion and garlic over low heat until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add broth, cabbage, beans, tomato paste, basil, oregano and salt.
- Bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and simmer, covered, about 15 minutes or until green beans are tender.
- Stir in zucchini and heat 3-4 minutes. Serve hot.
I doubled this recipe as I wanted to freeze some for lunches. Excellent flavour and I love that it is loaded with vegetables which you can change up depending on what is on hand. In future I will probably leave out the zucchini as I find it a bit mushy in a soup, but that is just me. I threw in about a cup of stewed tomatoes that needed to be used up too. Thanks for the great recipe, I will make this again and again.
This is an old stand by for me also. Need to fit in to a dress by the weekend....Viola! You can jazz it up by using taco seasoning or chili seasoning. Very filling.