Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
this goes together quick and tastes wonderfully. my 6 yr. old son gives it two thumbs up!
- 1 lb extra lean ground turkey
- 1 (16 ounce) packagefrozen frozen tater tots
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can 98% fat-free cream of mushroom soup
- 3⁄4 cup skim milk
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- cook turkey, onion, celery,salt, pepper, and garlic powder in pan coated with cooking spray.
- spray 2 quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- spread 1/2 bag tater tots in casserole dish.
- top with meat mixture.
- layer last 1/2 of tater tots over meat.
- combine soup and milk and pour evenly over casserole.
- bake uncovered for 1 hour at 350.
This was very good. I added 1 can Cream of Chicken and 1 can Cream of Mushroom. I also added lots of veggies, green beans, carrots, corn and a green onion. I also added sage and thyme from my garden. Very easy and filling. Thanks gymgirl!
My Boyfriend loves tater tot hotdish, so i had him try it with ground turkey and gave him this recipe. He thought it was better this way (although he did use two cans soup, i cream of chicken, 1 cream of celery (what we had on hand) and he is used to making it "his way". but both cans i bought were 98% fat free. Very good. we'll be making it this way again. Thanks!
This is awsome! I also add a can of green beans to the mix. I use mashed potatoes for the top instead of the tots. I sometimes will throw in some fat free shredded cheddar cheese too! Yummie!!!