Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Perfect for South Beach dieters. A delicious low-cal, low-carb soup filled with flavor to keep you satisfied.
- 29 ounces fat-free chicken broth
- 3 ounces shrimp (cooked, peeled & deveined, remove tails)
- 4 mushrooms, chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lime juice (approx., I used half of a lime)
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium fish sauce (thai kitcehn brand recommended)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon chili-garlic sauce (huy fong brand recommended)
- Pour 2 cans of chicken broth into a medium sized pot over medium heat.
- Allow to come to a boil, then lower heat by 20-30%. Add chopped green onions. Allow to soften, then add chopped mushrooms for 3-4 minutes, allowing to soften. Add shrimp, and allow to sit for 1 minute over heat. Remove from heat, put off to side to allow the soup to cool.
- In a separate bowl, squeeze juice from 1/2 lime. Add 1 tablespoon of fish sauce and 1/2 tablespoon of chili garlic sauce. Stir. Pour soup mixture over this sauce, and stir.
- You can eat immediately, or refrigerate. You can chop addtl. mushroom (small, diced pieces) and green onion to garnish the top, if desired.