Chef #1199672's Note:
Perfect for South Beach dieters. A delicious low-cal, low-carb soup filled with flavor to keep you satisfied.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 29 ounces fat-free chicken broth
- 3 ounces shrimp (cooked, peeled & deveined, remove tails)
- 4 mushrooms, chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lime juice (approx., I used half of a lime)
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium fish sauce (thai kitcehn brand recommended)
- 1/2 tablespoon chili-garlic sauce (huy fong brand recommended)
- 1Pour 2 cans of chicken broth into a medium sized pot over medium heat.
- 2Allow to come to a boil, then lower heat by 20-30%. Add chopped green onions. Allow to soften, then add chopped mushrooms for 3-4 minutes, allowing to soften. Add shrimp, and allow to sit for 1 minute over heat. Remove from heat, put off to side to allow the soup to cool.
- 3In a separate bowl, squeeze juice from 1/2 lime. Add 1 tablespoon of fish sauce and 1/2 tablespoon of chili garlic sauce. Stir. Pour soup mixture over this sauce, and stir.
- 4You can eat immediately, or refrigerate. You can chop addtl. mushroom (small, diced pieces) and green onion to garnish the top, if desired.
Browse Our Top Thai Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low-Cal Tom Yum Goong Inspired Soup
Serving Size: 1 (523 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 76.4
- Calories from Fat 11
- Total Fat 1.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 82.7 mg
- Sodium 1782.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 12.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced sodium fish sauce