Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
A twist on this classic dish made with ground turkey and the nutty flavor of swiss cheese.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 (32 ounce) package frozen tater tots
- 2 (14 ounce) cans green beans, drained
- 2 (10 ounce) cans cream of celery soup
- 2 cups shredded swiss cheese
- salt and pepper
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown ground turkey and onion with the minced garlic and salt and pepper.
- Add cans of celery soup and mix well.
- In 9 x 13 baking dish, spread tater tots on bottom.
- Spread green beans over tater tots.
- Spread turkey mixture over green beans.
- Sprinkle cheese over entire dish.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour, or until cheese on top is melted and golden brown.
This was a yummy warm meal for a chilly night, perfect for a weeknight. I did not bake for 1 hour; closer to 35 minutes. We made this even healthier by using 98% fat free soup, reduced-sodium green beans, and reduced fat cheese. I chose sharp cheddar; seemed to be a better fit for the flavor combo. Thanks for posting; we really enjoyed this! Made for Healthy Choices 2008.