Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I often make this dish because it's easy, tasty, healthy and low cal! What more can I ask?
- 4 sole fillets
- 1 onion
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Place the fish fillets in a casserole dish. Put some salt and lemon-pepper to taste.
- Add the garlic, the onion sliced, the peppers sliced and then put the lemon juice and the olive oil.
- Cut tomato to slices and place on top to cover the fish in order not to get burn and remain juicy!
- Bake at 350F for 30 minutes approx!
Made this with TilapIa, onion and tomato since I don't care for peppers. Very easy to make & the fish was very moist. Next time I will use a little less lemon juice and add more garlic (our personal taste) and perhaps some thinly sliced summer squash.
This was made using tilapia. The fillets were frozen and both the fish and vegetables were done in about 25 minutes. This recipe boasts a wonderful assortment of fresh vegetables. The fish was moist and wonderfully seasoned. A winning recipe!
I made this for Pick a Chef 2006. I couldn’t get sole, so I made this with flounder – a substitution suggested by Zaar – and then, except for using more garlic (a personal taste preference), I made this exactly to the recipe. Very easy to make and, as katia had promised, the fish was moist and flavoursome. Thanks for sharing this fabulous low fat recipe, katia!