Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This may be low in calories, but it is definately high in taste. The combination of Ranch and Italian dressings sounds odd, but is VERY good! My son is a chef at a restaurant in town and the head chef told me about it when I commented on their wonderful pasta!
- 6 cups pasta, boiled, rinsed in cold water (I use fusilli)
- 1 cup shrimp, cooked, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup ranch salad dressing
- 1⁄4 cup Italian dressing
- 1⁄2 cup sweet green pepper, raw, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup white onion, raw, chopped
- 1 cup tomatoes, raw, diced
- 1 cup cucumber, raw, diced
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, fresh shredded
- 1 cup dill pickle, chopped
- Mix all ingredients except tomatoes and dressings in a large bowl.
- Next add Ranch dressing and stir well, salad should look sort of dry.
- Now add Italian dressing till moistened.
- Finally, add tomatos and lightly toss.
- I forgot to add earlier, serve chilled!
- Makes approx 11 one cup servings.
Disappointing after the phenomenal write up - recipe is also a bit ambiguous as I did not know if was to be served warm or chilled.
This is maybe the best pasta salad I've ever had. I was a little scared to make it, but I love all of the ingredients separately, so I figured I would like them all mixed together. I wasn't sure about the pickles, but their taste blends perfectly with everything else. Also, I used low fat dressings, and you can't even tell! This has so much flavor, and it's not dripping with dressing like other pasta salads I've had. I love it, thanks for posting the recipe!