Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
a lower fat/calorie version of this popular dish.
- 2 lbs frozen shrimp (raw, unpeeled)
- 1⁄4 cup green onion (chopped)
- 2 teaspoons garlic (minced)
- 4 tablespoons I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Fat Free
- 1 tablespoon white wine
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley (chopped)
- Peel and devein shrimp.
- Saute green onion and garlic in butter until onions are tender.
- Add shrimp, wine, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Cook over medium high heat about 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Stir in dill and parsley.
- Serve shrimp over tasted french rolls, rice, or pasta.
*Made for PAC Spring '07 * A fantastic Florida dish - the flavors are amazing! This is so much better than shrimp scampi and I like the concept of serving the sauce over the bread like Outback's Shrimp on the Barbie. With that said, this "makeover" of Recipe #29030 is not low cal (which is technically 40 calories or less per serving). Note if you want to make a recipe lower cal the servings should actually be smaller - here each person gets more food since there's four servings instead of the original six :-) You decrease the wine and lemon juice from the original recipe - but it really needs to be * increased * to make enough sauce for four people. Finally there's a technical difficulty when you are asked to peel and devein the shrimp but they are frozen, so an instruction was left out. So with all that said I would stick with Recipe#29030 and just cut back on the butter. Any meal with butter sauce over French rolls will not be low cal no matter how good the makeover but this was a great attempt at posting your first recipe on Zaar and I'll be glad to come back and adjust the stars if you make some of the recommended changes. This is delicious!