Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a great, low cal breakfast or brunch item and can be reheated with the same delicious results.
- 1 lb bulk turkey sausage
- 4 tablespoons onions
- 4 tablespoons green peppers
- 1 1⁄2 cups egg substitute
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook sausage, onions and green peppers in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat until sausage is browned, stirring to crumble.
- Drain well.
- Combine 3/4 of sausage mixture with egg substitute and sour cream.
- Mix well.
- Pour into an 8x8 inch baking dish coated with non stick cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until semi-set.
- Add remaining sausage mixture on top and continue baking until set.
- About 15 minutes.
Very tasty! So glad I doubled the recipe- thanks!!
A great surprize! we were not sure about this at all, but it turned out very tasty, DH loved it!! I would make it again, it would be lovely for a brunch. Made for the Breakfast anytime event. I used Mennonite turkey sausaage, cut in slices and no fat sour cream. Very simple and easy to put together, thanks for posting.