Recipe by DrGaellon
Adapted from a recipe by Lori DeLosh at allrecipes.com. Switched to Splenda to reduce calories; you can use white sugar if you prefer. Also reduced the butter by 50%, increased the cinnamon a little and added a pinch of other spices. Makes a great substitute for sweet potato casserole for T'giving, especially with the marshmallow topping.
- 2 cups pumpkin puree (a 15-ounce can will do)
- 1 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda granular (or add more to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch table salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1 pinch grated nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup crushed pineapple, well-drained (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped toasted pecans (optional)
- 2 cups mini marshmallows (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Thoroughly combine pumpkin, evaporated milk, Splenda, flour, baking powder, salt, eggs, vanilla, butter and spices. If using pineapple and/or pecans, add them, too. Pour into 8x8" baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven 1 hour. If using marshmallows, spread them in an even layer over the top after 45 minutes have elapsed.