Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
A recipe I found in a cooking magazine that only has approximately 200 calories per serving.
Make and share this Low-Cal Potato Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream, fat free
- 1 1⁄3 cups sharp cheddar cheese, reduced fat, finely shredded
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth, reduced-sodium, fat-free
- 3 tablespoons onions, minced
- 4 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 (30 ounce) package frozen hash browns, thawed
- 1 (10 -11 ounce) can cream of chicken soup, reduced-fat
- 1 cup corn flakes, crushed
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Combine sour cream, cheddar cheese, chicken broth, onion, melted butter, pepper, hash browns, and cream of chicken soup in a large bowl.
- Spread mixture evenly into a 9x13 inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Top potato mixture with crushed cornflakes.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 1 hour or until bubbly.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
Yummy ... these reminded me of funeral potatoes my all time favorite holiday dish. I like it that they are low cal so I feel like I can have them anytime ... thanks
So rich,creamy,cheesy, totally comforting and satisfying...AND low fat too....a GREAT dish.
We omitted the cornflakes but otherwise made as written- we absolutely loved this!!!
So easy to make that even a non-cook could produce this with no problems at all.
Cheers weekend cooker..another winner from you!!
Very good and easy to make. I followed the recipe as written other then I didn't use the cornflakes on top.