Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
Another new recipe from a friend of mine that I plan to try very soon! From the cookbook, The Best of Silver Hills, Delicious Vegetarian Cuisine. Can use in potato salads, as a spread on sandwiches, etc.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup unbleached white flour
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- Place olive oil, turmeric, salt and flour in blender. Add water and blend until smooth.
- Put blended mixture in saucepan and cook until thickened.
- Return sauce to blender and add garlic.
- While blending, slowly add the lemon juice.
- Pour into jars and refrigerate until chilled and thickened.