Prep 2 mins
Cook 3 mins
I came across quite a few mug cake recipes. However, I was shocked with the calorie count for these cakes, so decided to make my own "healthified" version. So now, you can have your cake, and eat it, too!
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons milk
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar-free applesauce
- 2 stevia
- 1⁄16 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄16 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 egg white
- Combine all ingredients together in a bowl. Mix for roughly one minuts, or until the cake batter is smooth.
- Dump mixture into large coffee mug (approximatley 14 oz.).
- Place mug into microwave, and heat for 3 minuts.
- Dump from mug, or eat straight out of it. Enjoy!
Sorry, but this is just not for me and my family. We are changing to healthy eating and decided that carrots and salad are far better. I followed the directions exactly and the results were just not good.
I substituted banana for the applesauce and sugar for the stevia.
It was terrible! It was bland and gummy, even rubbery. I didn't even microwave it for the entire time!
This was pretty good. I used whole pastry flour and 1/2 a large egg, instead of regular whole wheat flour and egg white. I microwaved it for 2 minutes and 20 seconds in a smaller mug, but it still worked out. The consistency was moist and chewy, which I liked. Other healthy mug cakes come out too dry, but this was just right. I topped it with stevia chocolate syrup (Stevia Chocolate Syrup) and had it for breakfast. It would be interesting to try different substitutions (yogurt for applesauce, cinnamon for cocoa, etc.) and maybe add fruit. This is a good recipe and I'll be sure to make it again. Thanks.