Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is based on one that I found on a Campbell's can ages ago, but it is updated to be much lighter and healthier. You will need a pretty big "Hamburger Helper" type skillet (high sides) for this recipe, but it can stretch pretty far and is delicious. If you have not tried the Tam-x-Ico's low carb wheat tortillas, try them today! At 70 calories per tortilla, they so easy to work into your diet but more importantly, the taste and texture is fantastic!!!
- 907.18 g ground pork
- 2 (22 fluid ounce) cancampbell's Healthy Request tomato soup
- 473.18 ml medium salsa
- 118.29 ml water
- 8 tam-x-ico's low-carb flour tortillas, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 473.18 ml shredded reduced fat Cheddar cheese
- Cook the ground pork (you could use chicken or turkey, if you prefer) until it is completely cooked through and browned. There should be NO PINK SHOWING! Drain any fat that may occur during cooking.
- Add soup, salsa, water, 1/2 of the cheese and the tortilla pieces. Stir well, then bring the mixture to a boil.
- Cover and cook over low heat for an additional 5 - 10 minutes, or until everything is hot, cooked through and bubbling. (This also helps thicken the sauce.).
- Top with the remaining cheese.