Recipe by Not-2-Sweet
This recipe is for mayonnaise using gelatin instead of oil. Its basically fat free and only has 12 cals per tablespoon versus 100 calories for the real thing. I haven't tried this one yet, but it looks interesting.
Top Review by luvmybge
I thought WOW.. this sounds like a good idea. WRONG.. it tasted terrible. I sure do wish I had liked it though. I used apple cider vinegar so maybe I should have used white? Or maybe lemon juice would have made it taste better?
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 3⁄4 cup milk, divided
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Soften gelatin in 1/4 cup cold milk.
- Add 1/2 cup hot milk and stir until gelatin is dissolved.
- Beat egg yolk lightly with vinegar, salt, mustard, and hot pepper sauce.
- Stir into milk mixture.
- Chill until mixture begins to thicken, then whip with a rotary beater. Store in refrigerator.