Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Adapted from another low fat oatmeal cookie recipe because my kids are allergic to apples and applesauce.
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. Beat in the egg, followed by the carrots and vanilla. Using your hands, stir in the flour mixture and the oats until just combined, adding the milk 1 tablespoon at a time until fully combined. This will be really really sticky, don't worry!
- Drop tablespoonfuls of the dough onto the prepared baking sheet, flattening each cookie slightly. Bake for about 8-10 minutes.
- Let cool on sheet for 3 or 4 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container.
The cookies were nice and gave me a very warm holiday feeling. I'm used to very sweet cookies, so this one's subtle flavor provided a new experience for me. I was looking for a healthy snack that could keep me tied over for a while, and that's what I got. Thank you.
Oatmeal on the go! This is a healthy snack. It makes a good breakfast cookie. This is not some ooey gooey dessert, but it is good, if you are trying to be good or find ways to work more oatmeal into your diet. I made it according to recipe, no substitutes.