Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
The low-cal, low-fat version of a simple (yet deliciously sinful) chocolate trifle.
Make and share this Low-Cal, Low-Fat Easy Chocolate Trifle recipe from Food.com.
- Prepare brownie mix according to package directions (I substitute half unsweetened applesauce for any vegetable oil).
- Allow brownies to cool and cut into 1-inch squares.
- In a large bowl, combine pudding mix, water and condensed milk. Mix until smooth. Fold in 8-oz container of Cool Whip.
- In a glass serving dish, layer 1/2 brownies, 1/2 pudding mix and 1/2 of the 12-oz container of Cool Whip. Repeat layering.
- Garnish with chocolate bar shavings. Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
- Can also be served in individual dessert or wine glasses.
It was very easy to make and my family loved it. :D
No one will guess this is low-fat because it is EXTREMELY rich! I used Betty Crocker's low fat brownies, but we thought they were a bit 'heavy' for how light the mousse and whipped topping layers were. Next time, I'll try using a crumbled or cubed low-fat chocolate cake instead. The mousse layer would also be an excellent dessert option by itself or with a little whipped cream. It is so light and airy yet decadent. The only change I made to the recipe was to used my micro zester on some chocolate chips for the garnish as I didn't have a candy bar.