Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a dessert that I sort of patched together from other recipes and from my own idea. Nothing in this recipe contains any calories except for the apples, (and cool whip if desired) so it is just like eating an apple, only MUCH tastier!!
- 5 apples, any kind
- 1⁄3 cup Splenda granular
- 1⁄3 cup torani sugar-free caramel syrup
- 1⁄3 cup water, approximate
- 8 tablespoons fat-free cool whip (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Peel core and slice each apple.
- Place 1 apple into a blender and blend, adding enough water to make a juice consistency.
- Pass this apple/water mixture through a strainer and into another container so you get apple juice which is not grainy.
- Add the splenda and caramel syrup to the apple/water mixture. Toss apples with liquid and bake for about 25 minutes or until tender.
- Each serving can be topped with 2 tablespoons fat free cool whip (15 cals) if desired. Enjoy!
I gave this 4 stars. I made this for PAC Spring 2008. My family really loved this recipe. It was so good. I thought this tasted like a caramel apple or caramel apple pie without the crust. I used Golden Delicious apples and they tasted so great in this recipe. I made a change to the recipe according to what I had on hand. I used Smucker's Caramel Syrup. I will try to find the Torani sugar free caramel syrup and next time we plan to serve this over sugar free ice cream. If we don't serve it over ice cream I will double the recipe to have more servings. I also had to bake mine for 1 hour and 10 minutes to get my syrup to thicken and my apples done as I don't think I sliced them thin enough. I will rerate this later after using the sugar free syrup. Thanks so much for posting a very yummy recipe. Christine (internetnut)