Recipe by bluekrystal_2000
This is great as a beverage or as a slushie and is super easy to make. Make this instead of buying the sugar laden powdered drink mixes.
Top Review by Sherrybeth
This reminded me of the lemon freeze you get at the baseball games in Houston JUST better for me using Splenda. I served this to my mom and dad and neither they, nor I could tell it was made with Splenda instead of sugar. I served mine at a "slushy" frozen stage and it was great. Thanks for posting!
- 2 whole lemons, peeled (freeze the peeling to use as zest in other dishes)
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 2 1⁄2-3 cups ice cold water
Directions See How It's Made
- After peeling the lemons, either juice the meat with an electric juicer or place in a blender and then strain the juice.
- Add in Splenda, stir well.
- Add in cold water.
- Pour into 1/2 cup serving dishes or cups.
- (Foods containing Splenda seem to freeze harder than naturally sweetened foods. If you don't want it to freeze super hard, add 1/2 teaspoons of salt to the ice cold water before mixing in with the lemon juice).