Prep 8 mins
Cook 10 mins
Adapated from a recipe at WeightWatchers.com
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lime zest, finely minced
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lime juice
- 36 shortbread cookies, commercially prepared (about 10 oz total)
- 3⁄4 cup light whipped topping
- In a medium mixing bowl, using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until light; add zest. Next, add one egg at a time, beating after each addition; add lime juice (mixture will be lumpy).
- Pour mixture into a medium saucepan; cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until lime mixture thickens like a pudding, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Spread a heaping teaspoon of lime curd onto each cookie. Before serving, top each with a teaspoon of whipped topping.