Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
A healthy and low calorie open faced tuna melt. Goes great with a green salad and cozy soup.
Make and share this Low Cal Italian Tuna and Veggie Melt recipe from Food.com.
- 85.04 g albacore tuna in water
- 1 small zucchini, chopped fine
- 1 shallot, chopped fine
- 29.58 ml chopped mushrooms
- 14.79 ml fat-free mayonnaise
- 14.79 ml fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 1.23 ml italian seasoning
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 2 slice low-calorie whole wheat bread
- 1 large tomatoes, sliced
- 29.58 ml shredded parmesan cheese or 59.14 ml shredded fat free mozzarella cheese
- black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400* F.
- In a small bowl, combine the first 8 ingredients. Spread the tuna mixture onto the bread slices, and top with tomatoes and cheese of choice. Sprinkle with more black pepper, to taste.
- Place the sandwiches on a cookie sheet, and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until toasted.
This made a nice quick dinner. I used a few tbsp of red onions, no mushrooms or tomato. I made the mistsake of lightly toasting my bread before baking the sandwich, which made the toast a little browner than I like! Overall, a nice change from the usual tuna melt :-). Thank u for sharing.