Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
A healthy and low calorie open faced tuna melt. Goes great with a green salad and cozy soup.
Make and share this Low Cal Italian Tuna and Veggie Melt recipe from Food.com.
- 3 ounces albacore tuna in water
- 1⁄2 small zucchini, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 shallot, chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons chopped mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 1⁄4 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 slices low-calorie whole wheat bread
- 1⁄2 large tomatoes, sliced
- 2 tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese or 1⁄4 cup shredded fat free mozzarella cheese
- black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400* F.
- In a small bowl, combine the first 8 ingredients. Spread the tuna mixture onto the bread slices, and top with tomatoes and cheese of choice. Sprinkle with more black pepper, to taste.
- Place the sandwiches on a cookie sheet, and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until toasted.
This made a nice quick dinner. I used a few tbsp of red onions, no mushrooms or tomato. I made the mistsake of lightly toasting my bread before baking the sandwich, which made the toast a little browner than I like! Overall, a nice change from the usual tuna melt :-). Thank u for sharing.