Recipe by indianchef
This is a very quick and simple, yet tasty indian recipe, great for summer. It goes great with any veggies or even regular hot French bread, or simply as a side dish.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, for tempering
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 1 -2 chopped green serrano chilies
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1 cup boiled spinach
- 1 1⁄2 cups beaten yogurt (low fat or fat free)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a shallow frying pan, heat the oil.
- When hot, add the mustard seeds and fry till they start crackling.
- At this point add the chopped green chillies.
- Now add the boiled spinach and saute till the oil seperates.Let the mixture cool to room temperature.
- In a seperate bowl, beat the yogurt with the garlic paste and salt.
- Now simply mix the spinach and voila, a yummy low cal salad is ready.
- Note: You can use fewer or more green chillies or a milder or hotter variety according to your spice tolerance! I use 4!